The Northeast Funeral Service Partnership (state funeral director associations from Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania), is again hosting the Northeast Funeral Service Leadership Academy. This program is designed to identify and further develop the funeral service leaders of tomorrow. NYSFDA is currently accepting applications; the deadline is Friday, March 8. Click here to download the application.
This program is designed to identify and further develop the funeral service leaders of tomorrow. Kicking off in April, the Leadership Academy will offer in-person and virtual educational sessions. Topics include leadership skills, public speaking and presentation skills, and the role of associations. As a Final Group Project, participants will identify an emerging issue facing funeral service and author a paper on how to address it.
Participation in the 2024 Leadership Academy will provide leadership development tailored specifically for funeral directors. Upon completion, participants will have the skills necessary to:
- advance into a leadership role within their funeral home
- effectively serve as a liaison between their funeral home and their community
- take on a volunteer position within their state association
The program involves:
- A leadership development workshop
- Webinar programs
- A group project
Topics covered include:
- Leadership skills
- The role of associations
- Roles and responsibilities of a board of directors
- Public speaking and presentation skills
Understanding that this program will require time and energy spent outside the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of the funeral home, it’s important that each participant has the support – and endorsement – of their owner/manager back home.
2024 Course Schedule
- April: In-person Kick-Off Session – NYSFDA headquarters, Albany, NY
- May: Role of Associations & Board Duties
- June: State of the Funeral Industry
- July: Self-Care for Leaders
- September: Effective Communication
- October: Final Projects Due
Participants will identify an emerging issue facing funeral service and present to the Partnership.