Pre-planning a funeral is undoubtedly one of the biggest and most important decisions you will make in your lifetime. Funerals do not have to be organized in a hurry by grieving relatives in a state of shock. They can be planned in advance, leaving family and friends time to comfort one another.
By making prearrangements with a funeral home, you have the opportunity to make personal and specific selections that meet your wishes. Most importantly, your loved ones will not be left guessing which type of funeral service you would have wanted.
The New York State Funeral Directors Association invites you to learn more about funeral planning. Thousands of New Yorkers have already established their funeral plans, and you can learn why here - not just from us, but from others who have already taken this important step.
- Why Pre-plan Your Funeral
- Pre-planning and Pre-funding Funerals
- The Security of Preneed Funeral Funds in New York State
- Special Considerations for Medicaid/SSI Applicants & Recipients
- How to Choose a Funeral Home
- If a Funeral Home Closes
- End-of-Life Planning
- Personal and Financial Affairs Checklist for End-of-Life Planning
- Funeral Planning